Sunday, March 14, 2010

Zero Days to Seventy

Today is the day to reflect on the highlights of this journey, and the lessons learned. I'm pretty much a glass more than half full person - so if this has seemed too Pollyanna a story - you are only half right. Everyone has disappointments, missed targets and even heartaches, including me. I choose to spend more time on counting my blessings - all of whom I had contact with today in one way or another - and the memorable snapshots of life.

Happiness is:
  • Having a pale pink light bulb with a crucifix in it to use during air raid practice
  • Aunts who showed me how to shave my legs against my mother's wishes
  • Cousins who thought I was the cat's meow because I got to give out the Christmas Presents at Bopchi's Christmas Eve
  • Relatives who cheered for me at recitals, even though I wasn't very good
  • True blue friends from the 40s who are still true blue friends in the next millennium
  • Doing cartwheels across Sun Devil stadium when we beat ASU on their own turf
  • Having a loving 50 +year relationship which transcended lack of cash and plenty of clash
  • Beautiful children - inside and out
  • Sisters who have my back at all times
  • Helping a company achieve its goals
  • Improving a community of under served youth
  • Children who became awesome parents
  • Grandchildren - the reason I quit smoking 20 years ago- I want to dance at their weddings
  • Children and grandchildren with work ethics to die for
  • 80 and 90 year old aunts and uncles who call me on my birthday full of energy and life
  • Knowing this 12 day blog marathon is over and going back to real life, not my history


I want a do-over here:
  • Fluency in another language. - I'm looking for classes
  • Not enough quality time with grand kids - one on ones are best and need to happen more often
  • Still never learned how to do the twist - does it matter now?


What's next?
  • Back to regular blogging - kids got me a website for bday http://www.lynnscrawford.com/
  • Back to the gym - the treadmill awaits to help rid me of the winter bloat
  • Plan my countdown to my 80th
  • Sleep in tomorrow

Good night all of you who have made this a fun experience - you know who you are and you know I love you.


1 comment:

  1. The day you did cartwheels all over the ASU stadium when UA beat ASU on foreign turf was the same day that you stood up with me when Bill and I were married 50 years ago Nov 2009. Thanks for being there for me. Love ya, Sue

    ReplyDelete