Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Two Days After the Milestone

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU. BACK TO NORMAL TOMORROW. Or...... I might take another day off.




This is simply a thank you to Colleen who flew in to surprise me and Joe and the doorman who kept the secret, Kelly who gave her the buddy pass to get here, Southwest Airlines for keeping Kelly fully employed and unable to attend in person, only in spirit, Jody who wrote the creative birthday tribute, Terry who cooked the terrific meal and opened her home to us, Kevin who brought the great wine and Jacky who brought the good appetizers and (I suspect was the culprit behind getting me my own domain and website.) Thanks also to their spouses/significant others who put up with me. My sisters who sent the magnificent fruit arrangement and my wonderful aunts, uncle, cousins, nieces , nephew and friends who sent cards and other messages. I am more than blessed.

Don't worry, this is not some kind of After the Milestone countdown, just a heartfelt thank you. Phone calls from faraway Grandchildren are the best medicine for missing them. Sharing the day in person with Carrie, Sean, Mick, Jack, Kathryn, Kelly, Meaghan, Kevin ( who shared a birthday last week) and Finn (Batman/Bruce Wayne) are priceless. All I could ask for and more.

I took yesterday off - give me a break! I look forward to learning how to use my website for something more than a direct link to my blog. I'll be looking for guidance. I was the original technology resister. They dragged my typewriter and Monroe calculator with the tape away from me while I cried and moaned. I did manage to hide two of those calculators in the basement of the bank and took one with me when I moved out of North and Pulaski. I hate to admit it, but I still use it when I do the taxes.

As I have done for 70 years, I'm taking it one day at a time - but its looking good. The sun was out today, my class loved my character sketch of Uncle Dave and Joe and I finished the NYTimes crossword puzzle before noon. So I bought a lottery ticket. I'll let you know if I win. If I do, I'll hire a personal chef to help me get thin and a techie to teach me how to use my website. Look for me on http://www.lynnscrawford.com/- but give it some time to develop.

Thanks again and pass the love around. Life is too short for anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment