Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I Said I'd Go Back and I Did



A while back I visited the Lincoln Park Conservatory while it was preparing for the Spring Flower Show. I said I'd go back to visit when it opened and I did. I guess I was still in memory lane mode, as this orchid reminded me of the time in High School when our friend Kathee was going on a trip to Bermuda and several of us schlepped all the way to the Port of New York, dressed to the nines to pin an orchid on her. I can't decide if that was lame then - it sure would be now.










This wisteria reminded me of the frangrance we enjoyed walking out of our back door at 24 Hedges Avenue where "The Wisteria That Ate Chatham " clung to its arbor and also ate the paint off the house, much to the chagrin of my father.

This pond of fish didn't bring back a memory but stirred a hope. If this diverse bunch of fish - big and small, black and yellow and gray and orange and white can live together in a harmonious community and look out for each other as I saw them doing, why can't humans?



Get on over to the Conservatory and take in the beauty for yourself. It ends in early May, but the flowers tend to fade a bit as time goes on. Take a book, like I did, and sit and soak it all in.

I've put the rest of the pictures on facebook. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment