Friday, March 19, 2010

Amazing What Pops Out On The First Warm Day



It is supposed to snow tomorrow. I decided to get out and about today, which was beautiful and warm. Here are some phenomena that I witnessed on my 3 hour jaunt around town.


  • Flip-flops in every possible iteration

  • Young women once again prancing around in underwear-like garments

  • Diners at sidewalk cafes

  • The silver painted mime on Michigan Avenue causing sidewalk traffic jams

  • Bicycles in force - most ignoring traffic rules

  • Trader Joe's cashiers in Bermuda shorts

  • Take -out picnic lunchers in any green (sort of) space available

  • Kids running around our sun deck

  • Bazillions of people walking Michigan Avenue

  • And OMG - the realization that I can't cover up the winter fat with bulky sweaters and jackets any more

Maybe another couple of weeks of winter wouldn't be too bad. Can I lose 10 pounds in a couple of weeks? In the long run - does it matter?

HAPPY SPRING.



3 comments:

  1. It's OK. Tan fat looks better I have convinced myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's OK. I have long convinced myself that tan fat looks better-so get out in the sun, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are only as old as your head thinks you are. That is why I ride my motorcycle as often as New Jersey weather permits.

    Joe Reid

    ReplyDelete