Monday, September 12, 2011

Ever Wonder Why in the World......

My personal pigeon
  • Someone would walk in the sand in four inch heels?
  • A mom would bring her energetic little boy to the beach, in his bathing suit, sit right near the water and spend the next two hours trying to keep him out of the water?
  • Everybody assumes there are no beach days after labor day?
  • A guy would bring his precious child and his elderly mom to the beach and blow cigar smoke as he cares for them tenderly?  (In all fairness, the grandma was chain smoking cigarettes) - but think of the kid.
  • The ice cream vendor would offer me and another woman a big can of Bud Light out of his push cart?  (If it was not Bud, I might have bought one)
  • No one has yet defaced the colorful mural on the underpass wall?
  • Dog owners think they own the beach after Labor Day?. Go to the dog beach.
  • The same lone, dark pigeon winds up at my feet every time I'm at Oak Street?
  • A father would ride his bike, with his toddler on the back across a busy intersection AGAINST THE LIGHT -and never look to see the left turners coming at him?
  • I never realized why all the Latino workers I passed on my way home were giving me the thumbs up?  I had my Banco Popular shirt on and didn't compute.  Gracias, amigos.
Mural at Oak Street

No comments:

Post a Comment