Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Only 13 More Days to Endure This.................

Get these damn elections over with in Illinois.  Don't our Illinois candidates realize that most of us have stopped listening and watching and reading? At this point, they are pouring their advertising dollars down a rat hole.  We've been subjected to this since right after Labor Day and before I stopped listening and watching I didn't hear one positive message or one practical solution to any of our problems.  And don't they realize how much name recognition they're giving their opponents? I do intend to vote because it is our right, our privilege and our duty.  How will I choose?

Do I vote for the honest incompetent or he slick shady one?

How about it- the liar or the loser?

Then there is the proven crook vs. the smoke and mirrors "reformer".









Maybe I'll vote for anyone:
  •   who's never held office before
  •   who's not been endorsed by the Trib
  •   who's a woman, or Irish, or Jewish
  •   with a hyphenated name
  •   who didn't grow up in Chicagoland
  •   physically unattractive
  •   who has spent less than $1,000. on advertising
Or I could just blindfold myself and point the pen where it wants to go.  We need a more civilized way of choosing our elected officials.  9 months is a nice time frame for having a baby.  It is waaaaaay too long to have between a primary and a general election. And Joe citizen should not be "electing" our judges.  By the way, in the judicial races I always vote for women.  On the  retention of judges I always vote "no".
                                       
I think you get the idea.  The only winners in these races are the ad agencies and the television stations.  As usual, we, the voters in Illinois are the losers.

6 comments:

  1. Equally sick in CT! THnx for voicing the majority view!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice.

    They say that Chicago only has two seasons, winter and construction. But it seems like it is always campaign season.

    Maybe we should convert our campaign races to a "silent bid" format.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still think we should have a monarchy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I got voting info in mail, I honestly had to ask Jeff what we were voting for this November. That is how tuned out I am. He was not even sure himself. No clue who to even vote for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and too bad you are up so high, you could post political rants on your window like this guy http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=lincolnsquare%20rant&w=all

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel badly that I really could not bring my children to the polls to vote with me and feel so confident and proud of my vote. I really want to teach them to respect the right, honor, privilege and duty of voting, but the polititians make it such a nasty, disrespectful occation. I can only hope that our children will see this and learn. They are the future, let's hope that they can do better!!!

    ReplyDelete