Friday, October 15, 2010

It's Dangerous Out There

I took a walk to and from the hair salon today for a haircut.  It is only 8 blocks round trip.  My favorite doorman, Carlos, at the Drake,  gave me a hug and told me to be careful as he always does.  What can happen in 8 blocks?  Plenty.  I was sideswiped by a bicycle, scared out of my wits by a guy running a red light at Walton and Michigan, almost knocked over by a band of teens walking 5 abreast and whacked with a fast moving revolving door.  I ranted enough about this last spring - so I won't bore you with a repeat.  In case you didn't read my post last April, I've provided the link.

I'm going to keep Carlos' words in my head everytime I head out now. I'm on my way to Fed Ex right now.  Let's see if I make it back alive.


http://lynncrawfordsays.blogspot.com/2010/04/no-country-for-old-ladies.html

No comments:

Post a Comment