Monday, July 11, 2011

Fashion Review from the Gold Coast Art Fair


All right, stop laughing.  The same lady who is still wearing button -down collars, madras shorts and Keds is going to give a review of fashion?  Well I am.  After walking around the Gold Coast Art Fair - and you need both days to cover it properly- I decided to rest.  I sat down, deliciously cooling Sangria in hand and pulled out my camera. 
I was  expecting the usual hot weather attire - too much skin and flab and strappy sandals.  What a surprise.  The whole rest of the world may already know this.  Skirts are back.  I'd estimate that 2 out of 3 women who came down my private runway wore one.

 I positioned myself across from the frozen yogurt stand so I could get shots without showing faces.  I'm so jealous of the women young and old and every color of the rainbow who looked cool and comfortable in their skirts and dresses.  It brought back the memories of dresses I owned when I could still wear spaghetti straps and cool skirts flowing out from a tiny waist.   They were a good defense in the New Jersey humidity and later in the Arizona dry heat.
This is one of my favorites from the "show".

The Art Fair itself was wonderful, in spite of the heat.  The Grant Park venue keeps it contained and there is no need to close streets to traffic.  I hope they will continue to have it there - even though it is technically not in the Gold Coast neighborhood.

In addition to the skirts and dresses, I saw lots of feminine lacy stuff that looked equally cool in both senses of the word.  A word to the men- what's with all the pockets?

9 comments:

  1. Too funny Mom - and BTW keds, madras and button downs are classic style.....we all follow your lead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought it was me.....After strolling through Target and WalMart with a younger friend, I remarked that sundresses seemed to be making a comeback. Got a quizzical look.

    Maybe kinder gentler times will come back with the clothing? Guys pockets? to stash their lady's stuff so she doesn't have to carry a purse :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really impressed! Everything is very open and very clear clarification of issues. It contains truly facts. Your website is very valuable. Thanks for sharing. bonanza satrangi summer collection

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantabulous post this has been. Never seen this kind of useful post. I am grateful to you and expect more number of posts like these. Thank you very much. https://roycollections.com/nishat-linen-sale/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice post! This is a very nice blog that I will definitively come back to more times this year! Thanks for informative post. amethyst rings

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice post mate, keep up the great work, just shared this with my friendz garnet jewelry

    ReplyDelete