Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sunday "Out"ing


Okay - yesterday the first of our deck chairs came out of hibernation and today the first of my neighbors went out to use them.  I would have been out there myself, but friends of ours had a  new movie that just came out and was showing at the  27th Annual Latino Film Festival - so we spent a few hours in the theater.  The film was wonderful, by the way.  One of many great ones at the festival this year.

When I looked at the temperature this morning, and observed what the lakefront crowd was wearing, I got out my blue shirt that's been too light for the cool air and my blue Keds - their first outing since last summer. It is the first time in a very long time that we've been able to go without a jacket.

We hopped on the packed #151 (standing room only) so I stayed up front and peered out the front window with the bus driver.  The entire world was out enjoying the 80 degree weather in Lincoln Park and the traffic was bumper to bumper.  We transferred to the #36 at the zoo to head north to the theater.  There was plenty of room to sit - so I was able to look around instead of holding on for dear life and staring straight ahead. 

That's when it came back to me.  The bulbs are starting to sprout which makes me happy. Another spring phenomenon is the coming out in full bloom of the boobs and various other body parts. What is it about the first warm day that shouts - "Okay, ladies let  those boobs out of captivity. Never mind your age, shape, ethnic group or political belief. We have to stand together as teeny boppers, women, old ladies and get those girls OUT on display."   


 And if you've got low slung, skin tight pants - pull them out, put them on and get those muffin tops out as well.  Everyone loves some mid-body flab staring them in the face.  I guess I'll get used to it as the warm weather comes to stay.  Who knows - maybe I'm just jealous.


Just sayin' some things are better left IN or to the imagination..




No comments:

Post a Comment