Friday, April 1, 2011

Rahm Can Fix It - Asleep At the Wheel


I am sooooo stupid.  Last year I observed a truck from a suburban sprinkler company parked on Lake Shore Drive .  The driver appeared to be unconscious at the wheel.  He was there for over three hours.  Fearing that he was ill or dead - I took out the binoculars and read the phone number on the truck.  I called the company and asked for the manager.  I expressed my concern for the well being of the driver.  I was told that he was probably waiting for specific instructions on the sprinklers.  There are no sprinklers on this particular stretch of Lake Shore Drive.  I was assured that they would check on him.  Within a half hour a van with the same sprinkler company name pulled up along side of the truck, knocked on the window and within 5 minutes it was gone.  I am soooooo stupid.

I regularly see 5 guys around a manhole, one holding a flag, two looking up and down the street, one guy in the manhole and one asleep in the truck.  They always seem to have a lot to say to each other.  I can't hear them, but I imagine "how "bout dem Sox?"  "Damn Cubs!"   "What's for lunch?"  You and I are paying these guys.

Now I see what is happening.  I thought I was pretty savvy - but I'm NOT.  I am sooooo stupid.

http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/clout_st/2011/04/daley-says-its-hard-to-get-rid-of-union-rule-that-allows-loafing-truck-drivers.html

After reading this lame excuse from current administration about the truck drivers who drive others to work and then are free to sleep or read, I am incensed.  My husband and I worked our asses off for decades and  got ahead only because of performance and value added to our employers.  My kids are doing the same thing.  We also don't receive pensions equal to our pay  after we retire  - and free medical insurance.  These pigs should stop feeding at the public trough and be evaluated for their value to the taxpayers.

  •  Teach the drivers to work or teach the workers to drive
  •   Have the cops or other city workers rat them out
  •  Put them on a performance program
  • Make the Aldermen or the Ward Superintendent accountable for their productivity
  • Deputize people like me to report on them
  • Don't ever let me meet them.  I can't respect anyone who takes money for doing nothing. I will punch them out.
  • Put everyone on bicycles - they have to stay awake.



No comments:

Post a Comment