Saturday, January 1, 2011

Going on hiatus. - See you later.

The world just looks different to me today.

Out of respect for the untimely passing of my brother-in-law on December 30, 2010 I am suspending my postings for a while.  .  Ted wouldn't want a fuss made - so I won't do that either.  Suffice it to say he was a most loving husband to my sister and a gentle, adoring father to his three beautiful daughters. A fellow sports fan to their husbands.  Favorite "Grampee" to three handsome grandsons.

  Handsome, elegant, classy, and a gourmet cook, he was at home in a tux or clamming gear.  Uncle Ted was a generous host to his in- laws and their children and grandchildren.   Our kids can't forget the scary times in the Boonton attic or the fun times in the Boonton pool. Who else could have taught Andrew how to disect a  lobster or catch a crab?   He advised our kids who moved "back east" as a second father. Who else would send freshly dug Quahogs to Illinois for me and give us the greatest, most imaginative gifts on "sisters weekends"?  Just putting up with me and Jan was a challenge he never resisted.   He never snickered at our goofiness. We loved him, even if he wouldn't share his recipes with us or admit that we were sometimes too rowdy.  Rest in Peace my friend.  Happy clamming.  P.S.  Joe is wearing a tie in your honor.  We love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment