Friday, December 30, 2011

Twelve Reasons Why I Don't Write a Christmas Letter

I have many friends who write clever Christmas letters describing their kids' accomplishments,  exotic travel,  winning golf scores and even some of the bad stuff that happens in their lives.  I do look forward to reading them all and save them for a quiet moment when I can  savor them.   In past years I often thought about writing one myself, but never did.  Today, as I was re-reading some of my friends' letters, I grabbed my calendar and looked for a couple of highlights for each month. 


  • January:        Saddest funeral, bad opera, Florida visit too short.

  • February:   Blizzard, Dr. appointments, back to my writing group.

  • March:       Hospital overnight, missed City Council meeting, missed Jill's b'day, filed taxes.

  • April:        Chicago Latino Film Festival, lots of lunches with friends, lots of rain

  • May:         Dr. Appointments, trip to Tucson,  quality friend time, missed major funeral in N,J,

  • June:        Kathryn graduated 8th grade, Carrie H.S., Colleen in town, 50th. Anniversary.

  • July:        Jury duty, Martha & Mercer visit, Newberry Book Fair, discount days at Art Institute


  • August:    Grant Park concerts end, John (Bob) turns 87. Farmers' market peaks. Friend time+

  • September: More Dr. appointments, Sisters' weekend in Cape Cod, German Fest with the kids

  • October:   Last two beach days, two good operas, lots of rain, Jacky's for Joe's 75th birthday

  • November:  Made pierogi in Oak Park & Tucson, U of A football game, cooked Thanksgiving.

  • December: Holiday fests in Tucson, H.S. buddy and wife visit Tucson , pierogi fest in Oak Park with loved ones.





Are you still awake?  Aren't you glad I don't write a Christmas letter?

3 comments:

  1. I found it very interesting as I never knew you watched the games with Dad. Thanks for the compliment of me being too young and cute! Boy, has that ever changed. I'm still not a football fan though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love a XMAS letter from you, but as long as you keep writing the rest of the year, I guess I will be OK.
    Hey
    I invented a new pierogi - mushroom/sauteed onions and spinach with mild goat cheese. Everyone loved them. Hmmm Gourmet Pierogi??? Think it will fly in Chicago?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete