Thursday, March 3, 2011

Happy New Year

Yeah, yeah - I know.  You all celebrated this months ago. I'm a little bit behind.  Here is why I consider this my New Year - even though I meant to post this on March 1st. I'm still a procrastinator.

  • I finally feel like leaving the house - I need to walk
  • There are only teeny weeny traces of snow on our lawn
  • I'm re-econnecting with friends -started today with old Pioneer Bank friends
  •  I'm finally able to attend our fabulous writing group
  • I put the #$%@&^* Christmas cards either in the recycle bin or the scrapbook
  • I started the taxes
  • Aches and pains will not deter me - they are part of life and help me avoid certain chores
  • I actually like American Idol without myopic Paula and mean man Simon - good talent this year
  • I saw a private pleasure boat on the lake today
  • I have about 10 topics for my blog
  • My oldest grandson paid a visit
  • Two of my granddaughters sent me letters - real, handwritten  letters
  • Finally cancelled the terminally ill Tribune
  • Newberry  Library classes have started 


  • Looking forward to seeing my old "roomies" in Tucson in May
  • I've accepted that death is part of the cycle of life and celebrate my departed kith and kin
  • Hope someone can describe "kith" 
Now - the next challenge:  BEWARE THE IDES OF MARCH.

1 comment:

  1. "Kith" includes me and the folks on your Facebook page: friends and acquaintances and all the permutations in between.

    ReplyDelete