Monday, June 28, 2010

Things I Love about Chicago - and Missed Most While in Tucson



  • The lake - if you don't know what lake I mean............ never mind. The best sun rises and moon rises of our lives.




  • Millennium Park - it is always teeming with people, yet it is a good place to lose yourself


  • The weather - if you don't like it, wait 20 minutes and it'll change - spectacular lightning shows over the lake- never boring.




  • The Lincoln Park Zoo - I can spend hours wandering and wondering





  • The CTA - I love the freedom of not needing a car


  • Ethnic food - you name it, we've got it - and we've probably got a neighborhood named to identify it - as Greek Town, Paseo Boriqua, China Town, Little Italy - ad infinitum







  • Chicago's Farmers Markets - I went to the one in Tucson - but somehow tomatoes are only tomatoes here and back east






  • The Chicago Cultural Center - this should be every one's first stop when they visit.




  • Navy Pier - Shakespeare Theater, the Beer Garden, the Ferris Wheel and those yummy sweet and salty nuts - Bloody Marys and bagels and the newspaper on Sunday mornings before the tourists get there - what's not to love?


  • Our home - just enough space - to have company or to be alone. Floor to ceiling views, the sundeck for coffee, sunning, reading or cocktail hour. We can lock it up and leave town AND somebody else cuts the grass, shovels the snow and worries about the roof and the plumbing. We're a train ride away from 3 of our kids. Come on down and visit- we're a three minute walk to the Oak Street Beach.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing... I used to live in Chicago but then I had to move to Tucson because I work for a Phoenix roofing company now. But I love both places.

    ReplyDelete